• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No where to post unemployment insurance question, so....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stu103

I live in Wisconsin. I was let go from work (lack of business) and am approved for unemployment benefits. Before being let go I began selling things on ebay. I cannot find any place to tell me that this is considered self-employed per unemployment rules. I have had other people tell me I would not have to report the monies garnered from these sales to unemployment. I net about $200-300 per month for the last 6 months and have enough things to sell for the next 6-8 months if I choose to. I have not listed anything since my last day of work to avoid any conflicts with unemployment but I sure could use the money now. Anybody have an answer or should I discuss this with unemployment? Thank for the help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Beth3

Only an attorney or someone with the UC Division can tell you for certain but this money obviously isn't wages and I don't believe needs to be reported. ebay is pretty much just a garage sale on-line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">