• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I do about a charge I didnt know about?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sonya51304

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NC

I just checked my full credit report tonight, and looked around all of the sections. I happened to click on Criminal records just to see what it said. I have not commited any crimes, so I was shocked by what I found!Apparently, in 2001, I wrote a worthless check in NC. I had written a check, and it bounced. I totally forgot about it after that, and nothing was said about it again. It shows that I was found guilty of a misdemeanor simple worthless check charge in the Criminal Court? Werent they supposed to notify me to appear in court or something? I hadnt moved. Now I'm worried that I will go to jail. Since I wasnt there, is there a warrant out for me? I had an accident in April 2008, and the officer said nothing about it? I dont know what to do, I'm terrified to call them about it. I think the check was around $25. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">