• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Maxium and Minimum sentence for Possession of Firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alt20058

My boyfriend was arrested and has two charges. One for aggrevated assault and the other is possesion of a firearm while committing a felony. Could anyone tell me what the minimum and the maximum sentence would be if he is found guilty. This happened in the state of Georgia.

JETX

My boyfriend was arrested and has two charges. One for aggrevated assault and the other is possesion of a firearm while committing a felony. Could anyone tell me what the minimum and the maximum sentence would be if he is found guilty. This happened in the state of Georgia.
If you provide the SPECIFIC charges filed on him, it is easy to look up the possible range of punishment for each.

FlyingRon

Depending on the circumstance, the Aggravated Assault is good for 1-20 years.
Higher minimums apply based on who he assaulted and where.

Felony possession of a firearm is 1-5 yeas.

There's some enhanced penalties for this firearm violation depending on what the prior felony he was convicted was. He might be looking at LIFE.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">