• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I Garnish Wages of a Single Mother with a Child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Diana Smith

I live in Fla. and have rental property. My step daughter rented and didnt pay the payments on the home for 3 months, and finally I had to get a landlord eviction notice process going. She finally moved and destroyed the house. I was awarded money by the court. To this date she hasnt paid. I now have an attorney working on a garnishment of wages. She lives with her mother and has one child. She does receive child support and works also. I have been told by other attorneys I cant garnish her wages since she has a child. Is this correct. She owes Approxmiately 2,000, to me. I am hoping to hear from someone soon. I need to pay my attorney another 100.00 filing fees this week, and still dont know if I will get to garnish her wages. Please reply I am no longer married to my step daughters father. He also owes me money which was issued in my divorce and hasnt paid. I am now on social security disablilty. Thank you,

[Edited by Diana Smith on 03-04-2001 at 10:50 AM]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

What does your husband think?

Take a step back and look at the WHOLE picture before you act.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">