• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employer not returning phone calls after hiring me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjbbkk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I had an interview, got hired on a spot, verbal agreement, empoloyer told me that i can start by the end of the week and should give my notice to current employer who does not require a 2 week notice. I already told my current employer that I will be leaving. Yesterday, the new employer called me and asked if I can start working tomorrow and said that she already has someone who can start tomorrow if I cant. But i told her that we agreed on end of the week and I already submitted my resignation. Now she is not asnwering my phone calls and keeps avoiding me telling me that she will call back. What should I do? Can i sue them? I am so screwed. Please help

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">