• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

suspension/pending termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justpita

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I am in a union an was notified by my employer that I was being suspended for allegedly threatening another co-worker, when I was the one threatened, however, because I didn't report it, they refuse to hear my side of it rationally and basically said I will be terminated...union will not respond to calls, what do I do?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Beth3

If your employer wishes to suspend and/or terminate you because they believe you threatened a co-worker they can. All you an do is file a grievance with your union. If your in-house union officials won't support you, you're free to contact your State and national union officials.

gramercy

If your local union rep will not respond, try going directly to either your grievance chair or association president. They should understand their responsibilities to the dues paying membership. Leadership should also understand that if they are completely unresponsive, you may have a duty of fair represtation claim, which could be significantly more costly than just picking up the phone and advocating on your behalf.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">