• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help needed!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rs123

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio
This is in regards to violation of section 545.05A I would like to get information about the procedure,I have to appear at mayor's office on this thursday so please guide me.Its my first and last offence for picking up a couple of things valued $20 and not paying.My family does not support me so please reply so that i can be prepared(also i am an immigrant) so unable to understand legal terms.My ticket says :misdemeanor of the First degree so please put some light on my case.Thank you.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Ohio
This is in regards to violation of section 545.05A I would like to get information about the procedure,I have to appear at mayor's office on this thursday so please guide me.Its my first and last offence for picking up a couple of things valued $20 and not paying.My family does not support me so please reply so that i can be prepared(also i am an immigrant) so unable to understand legal terms.My ticket says :misdemeanor of the First degree so please put some light on my case.Thank you.
find job...earn money...big big fine coming your way...get lawyer...sticky fingers not good..might have to go home...government not willing to keep more criminals in country.

FlyingRon

Actually, it probably is the Mayor's office. Mayor's are empowered to conduct courts for minor cases (usually traffic charges) inside their jurisdiction.

First degree misdemeanor is good for up to six months and/or $1000 fine.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">