• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does my wife or I have a court case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buco

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

Recently at work, my wife has had a little problem. She has had a run in with another employee and is now being black balled by the company for things she didn't do that someone said she did.

They won't even consider my wife's situation. This other girl accused my wife of threatening her and says she said something she didn't. She is only causing trouble cause she doesn't like my wife.

The person accusing my wife has a history of lying to make herself look good and only been there for about 9 months. My wife has been there 6 years and has had no history of anything like this before. But management is taking the side of the accuser.

My wife lost a day of pay because of this and is now barred from working where she worked and is forced to do another job because of this.

She was also told not to discuss this with any other employee but the accuser is going around bragging about it.

And I say do I have a case because my wife is also being turned in for harassment for what she did, which was tell this girl to "don't go there" when she was talking to her.

And in my case, there are these 2 girls who you can say harasses me all the time. Those girls are known to treat other employees like crap and nothing gets done. 3 people have quit over how those 2 girls treated them, and management knows how they are. I have turned them in numerous times for how they treat me but nothing gets done. they make no effort to stop this. but my wife, who doesn't have a history like those 2 girls do, gets banned from working places cause of that girl.

So simple question, do we have a case or not? Im not to concerned about me, its more does my wife have a Case.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

eerelations

If you or your wife are being treated they way you are directly because of things like your race, gender, religion or disability, then yes, you have cause to file complaints of illegal harassment with the EEOC.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
But, if the alleged harassment has nothing to do with race, religion, national origin etc., then it's entirely up to the company what to do or whether to do it and you'll never see the inside of a courtroom because no laws will have been broken.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">