• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mgr after me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RockyBalboa

NYC

I work for a company for a bunch of years. My last annual review was very good. My mgr did put some strange stuff in it which was untrue such as interrupt clients over lunch Not only does my mgr work in another state (so he never came to lunch), those clients are my friends who I go out with on my own. When I asked him about the comments he removed it.

In Oct/Nov I applied for a promotion internally. Company policy is you don't have to inform your mgr unless you get selected for an interview and you can get promotion after a year. I worked in the position a year and a half. After applying, I noticed, my daily phone call with my mgr (we were close) turned weekly or every other week, not there is none. He won't return my calls.
My co-workers he speaks to daily, "since they are new". (Yet he is warning me but won't speak to me?)

A month ago he had a talk with me saying he was disappointed with my looking elsewhere internally, since my position is a "6 yr position", other assorted stuff, but it's not a warning. This was right before happy hr. It was my first day back from a long vacation and feeling uncomfortable I didn't go to happy hour.

Last week I got an email saying this is to "document" our meeting. He put I lacked focus by applying for another position among a few other things. He also put I stormed out the day of our meeting (untrue, it was after work, I just didn't go to happy hr). Now I find out I'm slowly being phased out of accounts and opportunites to lighten my workload.

Is there anything I can do? I asked to meet with him to go over my goals and got a message to wait for mid year reviews in 3-4 weeks.

Hot Topic

It looks like you may be on the way out unless you have a contract that guarantees you a job.

You posted that you and your manager "were close." Your manager is not your friend. He's your manager. Sounds like you may have expected him to act like a friend.

He's under no obligation to meet with you until the scheduled time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">