• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cummingclan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I had a two year employment contract till nov 2008. I was asked to continue for an additional 6 months. I've now been terminated with no notice.

I am an australian, my original contract included flights home (to oz) for my family & relocation of my home contents. $15K value
My visa conditions require me to leave the US in 10 days.

are there any minimum notice periods for termination?
when asked to continue - does the original contract remain...do have have any rights for the relocation?

ecmst12

This is contract law, not employment law. You must take your contract to a local attorney for an opinion.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
As far as employment law goes, no, there is no minimum notice for termination under the circumstances you describe. But if you are working under a legally binding contract, what is in the contract will govern and we have not read it. Take it to a local attorney for review.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">