• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

car parking summons

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hunkychunkmart

hi , i received a parking summons from a company called UKPC ( UK Parking control ltd ) calling it a civil traffic enforcement charge certificate notice - offence date 28-JAN-2009. I was parked in a FREE parking car park on a large shopping retail estate in CRIBBS CAUSEWAY shopping centre at Bristol . The car park was only 10% utilised as it was the day before the big snowfall in Bristol. A note was left with a summons warning saying that i was parked over the white line thus taking up 2 spaces and i would be contacted with actual summons details at my home address. The actual summons arrived a week later including a picture of my car over the white line. The cars next to me were as well so i just followed on. IS THIS LEGALLY ENFORCABLE ? It says it £90 reduced to £45 if paid within 14 days , failure to do so would result in the debt being passed to a debt recovery agency , ( not a court ).... is it best to ignore the summons , write a reason why i thought it didnt matter or pay it?

The Occultist

If I know my geography correctly, Bristol is in England, and NOT part of the US, and as such, we cannot help you. You should have understood this because, upon creating your post, you were given a prompt that included "US law only."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">