• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hearing in philadelphia, PA please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

irun4u

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Philadelphia PA
Hello...I was fired from a position of accounts payable clerk for which I had no previous experience. I was written up for making mistakes (not willful ones). I also got sick during the time period with MRSA, which I informed my immed. supervisor about and she in turn went and told the HR director. One day the HR director called me into her office and told me to stay away from another coworker who was her best friend because she was undergoing treatment for cancer.(which I did and I understood) and she suggested I was lying. I believe this too had an affect on the mistakes I was making not feeling good. Well finally I came in on a Monday and my immed supervisor told me I was being suspended and go to the employee lunch room to wait for the GM of the Hotel. I knew I was being fired at this point. After I was fired, my immed supervisor husband was then hired into the position that I had filled. They also were looking into cutting this position while I was employed.

Beth3

Win what? Unemployment benefits? Yes, they will probably be awarded by the State as you weren't fired for willful misconduct, just poor job performance.

irun4u

will i win

Will I win and that they won't stop my unemployment benefits? I am so scared to fight it...I cry at the drop of a hat and am so scared and see my old employer even....I was just wondering what are my changes of winning against my old employer?

seniorjudge

Question:

Will I win and that they won't stop my unemployment benefits? I am so scared to fight it...I cry at the drop of a hat and am so scared and see my old employer even....I was just wondering what are my changes of winning against my old employer?

Answer:

Win what? Unemployment benefits? Yes, they will probably be awarded by the State as you weren't fired for willful misconduct, just poor job performance.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Your employer does not have the right or the ability to either grant or deny your unemployment benefits. ONLY the state can do either. Your employer has the absolute right to contest, just as you have the absolute right to apply and either party has the absolute right to appeal if the decision goes against them. But ONLY the state has the power to make the decision in either direction.

Nothing you have posted suggests that you would not be eligible for benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">