• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question re: Florida Unemployment Eligibility

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newwifefl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
Hi All,

I live and work in FL and am trying to understand if I am eligible for unemployment. I didn't quite understand all the base period explanations.

I voluntarily left my job of 15 years on Nov 30, 2007.
I was self employed making very little income from that date until Dec 4th 2008. (Less than $10,000) I did not pay any type of payroll unemployment insurance on these wages.

I started a new job Dec 5th 2008 and was layed off today due to the economy. (February 12, 2009)

Can anyone tell me if I would be eligible for Florida Unemployment benefits? Any help is appreciated. THANK YOU.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FLORIDA
Hi All,

I live and work in FL and am trying to understand if I am eligible for unemployment. I didn't quite understand all the base period explanations.

I voluntarily left my job of 15 years on Nov 30, 2007.
I was self employed making very little income from that date until Dec 4th 2008. (Less than $10,000) I did not pay any type of payroll unemployment insurance on these wages.

I started a new job Dec 5th 2008 and was layed off today due to the economy. (February 12, 2009)

Can anyone tell me if I would be eligible for Florida Unemployment benefits? Any help is appreciated. THANK YOU.
***A: when you called the UE office, what did they tell you?

ecmst12

The only way to find out if you are eligible is to file a claim. No one here works for the FL Unemployment office and we aren't psychic either. Eligibility is determined on a case by case basis.

pattytx

OK, here's the answer. No. You have not worked the requisite number of weeks for wages in the base year. For a claim filed today, the base period is 10/1/07 through 9/30/08.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">