• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FMLA leave after Lay off notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tlg_1979

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IL

Hi, I am 8 months pregnant with twins and just received a lay off notice this past Monday, 2/9, that stated my last day with the company would be on 2/26. On Tuesday, 2/10, my Doctor ordered me bed rest since she is nervous of pre-term labor.

Even though I got the lay off notice first and then was placed on bed rest, am I still entitled to the FMLA 12 week leave with my health care benefits?

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

pattytx

The employer does not have to delay your lay-off effective date until the 12 weeks have expired. FMLA does not protect your job if the layoff would have occurred anyway. How many employees are being laid off in total? Others in your department or who do similar work?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">