• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Legal help needed!! will a warrent effect me here??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sheebaracer

im from washington state and 2 weeks ago i was in idaho on a snowboard trip and i got a M.I.P. the cop said the fine could be up to $1000. if i dont go to court and get a warrent will it affect me in washington? if it would affect me whats the best way to fight it if i dont want to drive 9 hours to court? he didnt give me a breathilizer or a blood test. i didnt have any alcohol on me. he just saw me outside the bar and figured i was drunk.. (which i was...)

any advice would be great. i cant pay $1000..

CdwJava

You can pay an attorney to handle it for you, and maybe you can just pay the fine and be done with it ... not sure.

As to whether it will effect you? Probably, yes. While they will not likely extradite you, having a warrant can result in your not being eligible for many types of employment, student loans, government backed loans (housing and other), welfare, SSI, etc. It might also go to collections and result in a black market on your credit until you pay it. If they suspend your driving privilege for the FTA and notify WA state, your license there might also be effected.

Ignoring it will almost certainly cause problems for you down the road.

- Carl

sheebaracer

could i just write a letter to the court house instead of going? do you think i could just asked to get it deferred?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">