• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

letter of resignation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sandn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Hi,

I work in NJ but live in PA.
I work for a Title Agency that has been bought by another company. There is a new title company but it will be under the Real Estate Company. The Real Estate Company has been paying our salaries to the Title Agency that I am working at the present time. The new title company wants to hire my co-worker & I.

My co-worker wants me to write a resignation letter but I never got any in writing that I will be working with the new company. It just been all verbal.
Do I need to write a letter of resignation? Also what will happen if I don't write the letter?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Why does your co-worker want you to write a letter of resignation? What has he or she got to do with your employment?

sandn

He has nothing to do with my employment at this moment that I know of. He just got a email from my boss who wants me to right this letter. This person doesn't work for my boss.

At this moment I haven't received any offer letter from the new company. So at this moment my company can't make me write a letter of resignation. Is this correct??? If this is true. What do I need to do in this case???

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one can make you write a letter of resignation and it is none of your co-worker's business whether you do or not.

I would completely disregard this whole "resignation letter" business until you are asked for one directly from someone in authority over you.

Beth3

He has nothing to do with my employment at this moment that I know of. He just got a email from my boss who wants me to right this letter. This person doesn't work for my boss. That's rather bizarre.

I, too, suggest you disregard the whole business until your boss speaks to you directly about it. And even then, nobody can make you tender a letter of resignation if you don't want to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">