• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Utma custodian

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purplelite

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin....

Does anyone know if once you are custodian of an account which is UTMA, and you wish to pull it and put it somewhere else, do I have that right? being the custodian. My stockbroker is saying that I cant do that according to some law?

It has to remain in their agency till my daughter is age 21?

anteater

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin....

Does anyone know if once you are custodian of an account which is UTMA, and you wish to pull it and put it somewhere else, do I have that right? being the custodian. My stockbroker is saying that I cant do that according to some law?

It has to remain in their agency till my daughter is age 21?
Stockbrokers = legal geniuses when it comes to prevention of transfer of money from their clutches.

Simple... Ask him or her to cite the provision. If he/she can't do it, set up the UTMA account at the institution to which you wish to transfer the assets and ask them to initiate the transfer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">