• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Car was towed due to "improper parking"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

According to the law in GA, you are not allowed to park within 15 feet of an intersection.
I received a ticker and my car was towed but the ticket said "parked within 30 feet" eventhough the law states 15 feet.
Also according to the law the curb should be painted yellow (According to the GA law) and it is not painted, it is gray.

If i ask for a trial would i be reimbursed for the towing fee or only the ticket fee?

Thank you,
Anat.

sorry for previously typing in caps.
and to answer your question, i was not parked withing 15 feet.

Last edited:

JETX

Do NOT post in all caps. It is considered rude and disrespects the forum.
Revise and repost in normal text.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GEORGIA

ACCORDING TO THE LAW IN GA, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK WITHIN 15FEET OF AN INTERSECTION.
I GOT A TICKET AND MY CAR WAS TOWED, YES TOWED AND THE TICKET SAID YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PARK WITHIN 30 FFET, WHICH IS NOT TRUE.
ALSO ACCORDING TO THE LAW THE CURB SHOULD BE PAINTED YELLOW AND IT IS NOT.

IF I ASK FOR A TRIAL WOULD I BE REIMBURSED FOR THE TOWING FEE OR ONLY THE TICKET?

THANK YOU,
ANAT.
What code section were you charged with violating?
And, were you parked within 15 feet of the intersection?

JETX

I knew that some dweeb would come along and ignore the all caps... just didn't think it would be YOU??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">