• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my kid is in trouble !

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

countrygirl101

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Daughter was parked in parking lot,out of the vehicle, and the cop walked up to her and placed her under arrested for driving on suspended. Small town police man had to of ran her licence to know, and had seen her earlier driving. When he pulled up, she was not in the vehicle. Is that legal? Also searched vehicle, and charged with intent to deliver. She had marijauna, scales,money, over 40 grams. Is that illegal search and seizure. Dont know if I should let public defenders handle this one. Any response would be great.

BL

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington

Daughter was parked in parking lot,out of the vehicle, and the cop walked up to her and placed her under arrested for driving on suspended. Small town police man had to of ran her licence to know, and had seen her earlier driving. When he pulled up, she was not in the vehicle. Is that legal? Also searched vehicle, and charged with intent to deliver. She had marijauna, scales,money, over 40 grams. Is that illegal search and seizure. Dont know if I should let public defenders handle this one. Any response would be great.
Why she's an Adult now ?

countrygirl101

She did drive there, but officer did not see her get out of the vehicle. Just wondering if this could be won in court. Shes facing felony charges. Heard she had over 40 grams???

Antigone*

Wow mom (countrygirl ~ if you really are her mother) I am astounded at your inadequate attempt at making excuses for your daughter.

You seem more concerned with the officer's right to stop your daughter than the fact that your little one has grown up to be a drug dealer.

countrygirl101

Well, Thank You for your professional advise!! Just what I needed, was to be bashed, when I am upset and scared. Please save your savvy advise for someone else!

Antigone*

Well, Thank You for your professional advise!! Just what I needed, was to be bashed, when I am upset and scared. Please save your savvy advise for someone else!
Now is the time for you to be tough and put your own feelings aside. You need face the reality that your daughter has been making some seriously bad choices.

Now is the time to pull up the darn boot straps and be a parent ~ I didn't bash you just to bash you ~ you need to open your eyes.

The time for cuddling and cooing your baby is way over. She is an adult and and is about to be treated like one. Your ability to recognize that your daughter is not an angel and needs to account for her actions is the only way you will be able to help her.

If you point the finger at any other person than your daughter, you are headed in the wrong direction. It is much easier to turn back around now than it will be much later.

You came here looking for a way to blame your daughter's trouble on someone else. If you would have come here asking about what steps you should take to help your daughter work her way through the legal system, you would have had much different responses.

Get your daughter an attorney. Stop trying to blame this on the cop. Put the blame where it belongs and work with her counsel to get help. Hopefully a healthy dose of jail time will help her to see that if she continues acting in this same manner, this will be her life.

Take care, ana

cyjeff

Much of this case depends on whether or not she was already a known drug dealer, where she was "parked" and how the items were found.

If found in plain sight, nothing else matters. If already under surveillance, you have a significantly more uphill battle.

If she was parked in a known drug location, she is also going to have a heck of an issue.

Sell the car she was driving (if it wasn't impounded), and get her the best attorney you can find.

BL

Tell you daughter when she gets the Public defender , to have her lawyer set up a conference with her , her PD , the DA , and the Judge , in Judges chambers , and she can give up some names and if those names lead to bigger fish , she can be offered a deal .

countrygirl101

I didnt google free parenting advise, but thank you for the lecture on parenting. And I certainly am not trying to blame anyone for my daughters actions. I think any good parent would help. I was just looking for a little advise, as this just happened last night. Ill keep searching other sites. Thank You !:confused:

cyjeff

I didnt google free parenting advise, but thank you for the lecture on parenting. And I certainly am not trying to blame anyone for my daughters actions. I think any good parent would help. I was just looking for a little advise, as this just happened last night. Ill keep searching other sites. Thank You !:confused:
I provided you with the possibilities.

However, let me add this.

Your daughter was caught with 40 grams and a scale.

This was not her first time selling.

BL

I told you what to tell her .

I'll bet before you know it ,she'll be approached first with an offer .

If she don't want to co-operate or lies she don't know her supplier , they'll stand with their charges instead of reducing them with a deal .

But carry on , your goal is to get your daughter off .

Why you getting defensive , you didn't do the crimes .

Ever hear of tough love ? , even if you don't want to hear it ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">