• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lying on an application?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phrank55

I have recently lost my position with the US Postal Service due to a National Reassesment Program (NRP) for people with "light-duty" jobs and disabilities and have been enrolled in Vocational Rehabilitation by the Office of Workers' Compensation. My Voc-rehab counselor has told me that when filling out job applications and resumes I should NOT mention the NRP program, or that I am currently on the Workers' Comp. Prgm. Instead, she wants me to say that I was "laid off" due to cutbacks at the Post Office. I'm very uncomfortable with this, I'm sure that when any prospective employer calls the "P.O." for references they'll find out my exact status. Isn't what she wants me to do lying on an application? I want to be co-operative with the rehabilitation process, but don't want to make myself liable. If I don't do as she says, am I putting my Comp. status in jeapordy? What are my rights and responsabilities in this matter?

cyjeff

I always recommend against lying on a job application.

I have hired FELONS... but never anyone that lied to me.

VeronicaLodge

i second this, i cant tell you how many times we have pulled an offer for lying on the app and the thing they lied about would not have made us not hire them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">