• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

assualted by security guards

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jsal10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? illinois

Last night we went to the local bowling alleys bar, while there my brother-in-law and his gf got in argument and she stormed out and slammed the door, breaking a window on the door. The security stopped her and told her she had to pay $200 right there, right now or they were going to take her to jail. She agreed to pay it. At the same time the told my brother in law to get away from her and sit by the door. He asked her how much it was going to be and they threaten to file a trespassing charge if he doesnt leave. The rushed towards him and kicked him out. When they entered back they started being agressive to his gf, when she asked "why did u kick him out". They got in her face and proceeded to yell at her, so i started to tell them, she paid for the door, theres no need for that. So they threw me out, while i was leaving i kept askin why did throw me out if i just asked a question. They said i needed to leave now or they were going to arrest me. So i left the parking lot by foot, to the street, crossed the street and yelling at them im off the property, why are you being dicks, and i might of said something about rentacops. They said thats it and charged at us all the way across the street, I've done a bit of mma training so when they charged i "sprawled" which is a take down defense" but i put my hands up when they were charging. So i did not resist if they were going to put cuffs on me, i only defended myself from being tackled. I kept saying i'm off the property, you can't come assualt me. While the first security gaurd couldnt tackle me the second one got the stick out and proceeded to hit me on the back of my knee. so i threw myself on the ground and put my hands up. they kneed me a couple time on my back and cuffed me. When they had cuffed me my brother in law and his cousin came to asked the security why the force they tackled them and cuffed them too. The took us across the street and into the building. The cops got there and i gave them my story. They played the card that i punched one of the securities. Which i told the cop look at my hands i have no evidence that i did. I told him i've done some boxing and if i wanted to punch i would throw combinations and not just one swing. During this time the cops told us that we were off the property so for us just to keep quiet. He also told us that they had a rep of doing this, targeting minoritys and using extra force. Eventually the cop took us off the property and let us go, because since we were off the property, it was 2 different storys they did not have enough to arrest us. Now my question is what rights do i have, my knee is swollen and they broke my glasses. What can i file against them? assualt charges? did they have a right to do this? any help would be great thanks.

jsal10

o and a important part that i left out after i got all the info together last night. While we walked across the street, the security guards kept making racial slurs. Which lead to some of my coments and one of the guys that did the attackin labeled himself as the general manager. I didnt know they could do some of the hand cuffing. After they had us handcuffs i mentioned to the cops that i worked for the major newspaper in that area and i would want the names of all the workers involved in the incedent. Thats when some of there storys changed.

jsal10

no not a journalist...and i have a feeling your not really here to help...it's fine..just wanted someone with some legal background take on this. If it was my fault then thats fine but if not why did the cops let me go? why did he mentioned that i could of called to cops on them? its medical bills on my end due to the knee still be swollen and it being right where i've had surgery a few years back. Just looking for some legal advice. Don't appreciate the sarcasm.

cyjeff

If you think you have been wronged, get an attorney and sue the bad people.

I would hope, though, that in the civil suit that none of your witnesses (including yourself) were drinking heavily.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">