• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

L1 visa termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lostandalone

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My L1 visa is being terminated this week. However, the company are refusing to honor any financial obligations under the contract which was signed in 2008. I brought all our furniture etc last year so need that to be shipped home , I also have financial obligations which the company should support through the contract but I am unable to personally settle these commitments prior to leaving the US. Do we have any recourse against the company (who are in financial difficulties)? The company is paying off local employees with their contractual benefits - bonus, PTO etc but I am being penalised as a 'delegate' employee. Can anyone provide any assistance on this? Many thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

If there is a contract, you will need to contact an attorney to see what your recourse might be. Wage and hour laws do not address this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">