• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Somebody stole $4800 from me. I need advice.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgunit89

First of all, I'm in the state of Florida. 5 days ago, a friend of mine stole $4,800 from me. Basically what happened is, I was suppose to buy merchandise from him... I payed him the cash but he gave me a bag full of junk! He ran away and never returned my calls again. This is so sad considering that we done a lot of high priced transactions before but this time, he ran away with my money. I already went to the cops and filed a police report. I know where he lives but he hasn't been home ever since. Currently, my case has been forwarded to the State of Attorney's Office... I really don't know if that is a good thing. I don't know much about the law. Can you explain to me what happens when my case is forwarded to the State of Attorney's Office? And could I do anything legally by law when I see him in his house? I want to put him in jail and get my money back. Please help me... I'm but a 19 year old kid.

Antigone*

First of all, I'm in the state of Florida. 5 days ago, a friend of mine stole $4,800 from me. Basically what happened is, I was suppose to buy merchandise from him... I payed him the cash but he gave me a bag full of junk! He ran away and never returned my calls again. This is so sad considering that we done a lot of high priced transactions before but this time, he ran away with my money. I already went to the cops and filed a police report. I know where he lives but he hasn't been home ever since. Currently, my case has been forwarded to the State of Attorney's Office... I really don't know if that is a good thing. I don't know much about the law. Can you explain to me what happens when my case is forwarded to the State of Attorney's Office? And could I do anything legally by law when I see him in his house? I want to put him in jail and get my money back. Please help me... I'm but a 19 year old kid.
When you find your friend sue him in court. Even a 19-year old should be able to handle that.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What was this MERCHANDISE you were supposed to buy from him? Suing him in court will do nothing if the MERCHANDISE was not legal (in other words if you were buying drugs or stolen property from him).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">