• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Filing a Vehicle Code 41500 application after prison release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JRBTHETHIRD

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was incarcerated in April 2008 and released from San Quentin in Dec. 2008. I have two traffic violations, one from 2002, the other from 2004. Both are driving on a suspended license, no insurance and registration. I went before the judge in Feb. 2008 and got the hold on my license released but then when I went to jail in April 2008 the hold was placed back on my license. While in prison I tried to get these tickets dismissed by filing a DMV vehicle code 41500 form. Prison personnel would not help with any type of administrative paperwork. When I went before the judge in 12/2008 the judge told me that I need a letter from my parole agent stating that I have been incarcerated. My parole agent would not write me a letter. Can I still file a form 41500 even though I am not incarcerated? Without paying the full fees is there anything else I can do to get my license back and then just make payments? The judge is not real cooperative. I also now have violations of failure to pay, failure to appear and a notice to DMV and the Franchise tax board for collection of the fees I owe.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

patstew

Do you have paperwork from when you were released? Perhaps that would do instead, particularly if you tell the judge the parole officer wouldn't write the letter.

JRBTHETHIRD

Thank you for your reply and thanks for the good idea of bringing paperwork to the judge from when I was released from prison. I forgot to mention that I did tell the judge that my parole agent told me that he would not write me a letter and he also said to me "that's not my job" The judge then told me "well, I have a whole drawer full of them from others" and then he was on to the next victim, I mean traffic violator.:(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">