• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

being sent home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alinta1970

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio
I went to work this morning and was told due to a back problem I have going on which has nothing to do with work that I had to be sent home and could not come back until I had a release from the doctor with no limitations. Well first off I have never brought in anything from a doctor that said I had limitations on my work, secondly I have not missed a day because of this back problem but yet now I am a liability and they cant have me at work. Is this legal or do I have some recourse that I can take against this employer???What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

cyjeff

Businesses are VERY concerned about a worker aggravating an existing minor problem into a major issue while at work and, thereby, putting the employer on the hook for the workman's comp.

alinta1970

I am administrative assistant. They have known about my back issue for 2 weeks, I find out yesterday that I have to see a surgeon not that I am going to have surgery but still see a surgeon what is the best care for my back. I have not missed a day of work due to my back and they have let me work for 2 weeks knowing the issue going on but yet today I am told to go home and that I wasnt able to come back until I had a full release with no limitations well I have never given them anything that said I had limitations so how can they do that?

RRevak

There was technically nothing wrong in them sending you home for an issue they felt could become a larger problem. In this time of economic hardship businesses are doing anything and everything they can to protect their assets. You are a liability, bottom line. So your course of action should now be to no longer focus on them sending you home but rather obtaining whatever documents they require for you to remain employed with them. If you havent any limitations, as you've maintained, then you should have no problem getting into a doc in the yesterday and obtaining your release.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">