• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic's Lien - California

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

legal

I sent contractor letter in January,certified RRR requesting he remove lien as it is not valid. He still has not done so. Contractor State License Board will not get involved.I verified with Country Registrar that lien is still in effect. From all information I have been able to gather lien is supposed to expire after 90 days if not followed by court action. However lien is still in effect. The county registrar's position is that only he can remove lien and there is nothing, no forms I can submit to remove it. I also contacted court clerk and they were not helpful at all.
The original suit was small claims, he appealed and final judgment was in Superior court ? Which court do I now go to ? What type of court action can I file against him ? And besides court costs what kind of damages can I file for ?
Thank you so much for your input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">