• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Unemployment Denials

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dontgiveup

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida, I was forced to relocate 250 miles (round trip) from where I worked due to the home I was renting went in foreclosure. I lived paycheck to paycheck leaving me no extra to set aside for a rental closer to my job so I had to move with friends. Having two children I had to resign my position because I would have to leave my friends house by 4:30am and would not return until after 7:00pm. My children are not old enough to be left alone it would be neglect/child abuse. However, I applied for unemployment benefits only after a month of searching for employment with no luck due to our horrible economy. And of course was denied benefits due to "Reason for quitting was personal". I become homeless due to my landlord, have to resign due to the distance and that is not considered probable cause. What to I do if anything? Would appreciate some advise!

Beth3

You can appeal the decision with the State but I'm afraid that it's not likely to be reversed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">