• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Living Trusts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mx_manning

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri
My mother and father set up a living trust in 1996 for Property and income both in Missouri and Iowa. After my father's passing my mother amended the trust in 2002. Does a lliving trust fund have an expiration date? In other words do we need to redo the trust fund after a certain number of years?

FlyingRon

The trust doesn't expire. If you have a revocable trust, it does behoove you from time to time to look at it and make sure the beneficiaries and successor trustees are what you want and that their contact information is valid.

TrustUser

if the trust was an ab trust, where the b part becomes irrevocable, the amendment only applies to the a part of the trust - that portion owned by your mom.

you need to look at the actual trust language to see what the document calls for.

this is in addition to what flying ron said, not in opposition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">