• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

county failed to remove warrant from system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nysix

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Dakota

in 2006 I went hunting and was caught without a license. I never paid and didnt show up for court, so aug 16. 2007 a sheriff came by and arrested me. I bonded out, and on aug. 29 2007 I went to court in that county and paid an additional $150. The sheriffs office in that county never removed me from the system, so friday night I was driving home, pulled over for expired tabs, given a $20 citation and arrested for an outstanding bench warrant that wasn't. While I was already under arrest I was charged again with possession of drug paraphenalia, an additional $400 bond on top of the $300 dollar bond my family had to pay to get me out of the hunting charge that I was arrested for and was taken care of in aug 2007. Today I have been calling the authorities, and Ransom county sheriffs department says they are sorry and are correcting the problem, meanwhile I have additional charges in my own county as a result of them verifing a warrant that should have been taken out of the system. Isn't this the definition of something? Arresting you on what are essentially false charges, then adding additional charges? Any advice is helpful, I technically have a court date in the other county tomorrow, and I plan to go even though the clerk said I really dont have to (I have a more expanded regard of due dilligence now) and plan to ask the court for documentation that there was in no way an outstanding warrant for me in their county, but can I use that to get the other charge dropped? Any advice of knowledge would be of help.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The arrest was good. The search that resulted in the finding of the drugs was good.

You need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">