• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No trespasssing on boyfriend by landlord

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

debbymiller40

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
I wanted to know how to have a no trespassing order vacated or modified. My boyfriend moved into my house, {rental}, a month after I did. My landlord was aware of it, and was accepting of it. To the point, my boyfriend now pays the rent and has the receipts in his name. Last week, we had a house party where the landlords nephew got intoxicated and started physically abusing his girlfriend. My boyfriend tried removing him from the house, but not without our guest, the nephew, sustaining bodily injury. The day after, my landlord, who lives across the street, issued a no trespassing order on my boyfriend. We've lived here over a year. How can I fight this????

debbymiller40

I am in Massachusetts. I was asking for advice in another forum regarding the landlord tenant issues that arisen from the circumstances. I was curious if she could issue a no trespassing and a nice gentleman informed me that she could. My question here would be how to vacate or modify the no trespassing order. I was doing some research on the subject and found MGL 121B sec. 32 F that the person served upon may request that such order be modified or vacated at any time. Grounds for modification shall include, but not be limited to, hardship that would result from the person’s inability to visit a tenant or a member of a tenant household, the person’s need to carry out legitimate business on or near the public or subsidized housing development, or new evidence or evidence of a change in circumstances showing that it is unlikely that the person’s presence in the public or subsidized housing development shall continue to pose a serious threat to the health and safety of the development.

JETX

Don't start a new thread to continue an existing one... especially one where you now change the facts to try to better your position (in previous post, boyfriend was paying 1/2 rent, etc.)

debbymiller40

Forgive me JETX, I'm new to this. I'm not sure where to post what and I thought trying to vacate or modify the order would have fallen under another topic aside from landlord tenant issues. As I have stated before, I am ignorant to posting, forums and the legal issues I'm facing. Please be understanding. As far as the rent paying, yes, he was paying half and as of this week coming he will be paying the full rent whereas I have no child support coming in from my daughter's father. I didn't feel the need to waste time and go into detail, but I imagine it is warranted. I thought trying to take care of the order would be under a different forum than where I was. However, thank you again for the information. Unfortunately, we cannot afford an attorney, that is why I am trying my best to research the subject and obtain information from those much more education on the subjects than I.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">