• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Armed Robery Florida

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

badboi

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My son is a 19 year old black male and he’s facing three counts of armed robbery. All three counts are punishable by life in prison. My son has no prior criminal record, not even a parking ticket. I would like to know what I should expect my son’s sentence to be if convicted? How much money I should except to spend if I wanted to provide a defense attorney for my son?

Antigone*

My son is a 19 year old black male and he’s facing three counts of armed robbery. All three counts are punishable by life in prison. My son has no prior criminal record, not even a parking ticket. I would like to know what I should expect my son’s sentence to be if convicted? How much money I should except to spend if I wanted to provide a defense attorney for my son?
Why does it matter that your son is African American??? You need to get an attorney Yesterday for him and expect to spend thousands.

My son is a 19 year old <blah blah blah> and he’s facing three counts of armed robbery. <blah blah blah> My son has no prior criminal record, not even a parking ticket.
Wow, he's never received a parking ticket? Make sure you mention that to the judge.

And you NEED to make sure your son has a good defense attorney, if you plan on seeing him in something other than an orange jumpsuit. Idiotic 19-year-old criminals are notoriously bad at mounting a viable defense in court.

ERAUPIKE

Everyone has to start somewhere, it is unfortunate that your son started at A felonies. Did your son posses a gun while he committed these crimes? Florida strictly enforces the 10-20-life minimums. If he did not fire the weapon he used to commit any of these robberies then you can expect him to receive a mandatory minimum 10 years in state prison with no possibility of parole. If he used a firearm in all three robberies then he can expect to spend at least 30 years in prison, as these terms are required to be served consecutively.

For a case of this magnitude you can expect to spend ten's of thousands at the least. There is an old saying, "If you have to ask how much it costs you probably can't afford it." Legal defense is like health care, you don't want to go with the cheapest option. Do not expect him to be let go on a technicality or to be found not guilty by way of a loophole.

cyjeff

You should be prepared.

Even if he can get the charges bartered down, he will STILL be facing several decades as a guest of the state.

To be honest, his race and prior record mean nothing. He decided to go straight to the big leagues.

What was his bail amount... if any?

ERAUPIKE

You should be prepared.

Even if he can get the charges bartered down, he will STILL be facing several decades as a guest of the state.

To be honest, his race and prior record mean nothing. He decided to go straight to the big leagues.

What was his bail amount... if any?
The ten year minimum per charge for possessing a firearm during the commission of armed robbery cannot be bartered down nor can it be served concurrently. The judge has no choice but to impose this sentence, it is state mandated. Junior can fully expect to not be a free man until he is at least 49.

cyjeff

The ten year minimum per charge for possessing a firearm during the commission of armed robbery cannot be bartered down nor can it be served concurrently. The judge has no choice but to impose this sentence, it is state mandated. Junior can fully expect to not be a free man until he is at least 49.
Any barter I was referring to would be to try to take the weapon off the list.

I didn't say it was possible or probable. But this kid has NOTHING to lose.

msiron

I doubt this was his first crime committed, this was just the one he got caught doing.

These are very serious charges father and he belongs in prison to pay his debt for his crime and hopefully rehabilitate.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">