• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tattooing outta home. friend passed out.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilmayne711

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello. I own alot of tattooing equipment. I let a friend tattoo himself and he passed out from the adrenaline rush. long story short, we called 911, he went to the hospital (he is fine now), and the cops confiscated all my equipment. the procedure was all sterile, safe/bagged/disposable tubes, etc. I also got charged with a misdemeanor 4 health code vio. My question is what are the laws for this in ohio? can i get my equipment back? my paper says 3730.02 Tattooing or body services prohibited. VIOLATION (B) Perform a tattooing or body piercing procedure in a manner that does not meet the safety and sanitation standards established under section 3730.10 of the ohio revised code;

Thanks in advance.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello. I own alot of tattooing equipment. I let a friend tattoo himself and he passed out from the adrenaline rush. long story short, we called 911, he went to the hospital (he is fine now), and the cops confiscated all my equipment. the procedure was all sterile, safe/bagged/disposable tubes, etc. I also got charged with a misdemeanor 4 health code vio. My question is what are the laws for this in ohio? can i get my equipment back? my paper says 3730.02 Tattooing or body services prohibited. VIOLATION (B) Perform a tattooing or body piercing procedure in a manner that does not meet the safety and sanitation standards established under section 3730.10 of the ohio revised code;

Thanks in advance.
What does your attorney say?

I know, I know...you don't have an attorney.

Get one!

FlyingRon

You are looking at 30 days and a $250 fine on each.

You're not likely to get your illegal equipment back unless you become properly trained, licensed, and have the appropriate safety and sanitation requirements met in your place of business.

lilmayne711

i see. any advice on this? should i try to get a plea bargain? i thought if i plead guilty, then my equipment is lost.

You are looking at 30 days and a $250 fine on each.

You're not likely to get your illegal equipment back unless you become properly trained, licensed, and have the appropriate safety and sanitation requirements met in your place of business.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
i see. any advice on this? should i try to get a plea bargain? i thought if i plead guilty, then my equipment is lost.
Your equipment is lost. YOU WERE ILLEGALLY doing tattoos.

Chapter 3730 of the Ohio revised code:
TITLE [37] XXXVII HEALTH -- SAFETY -- MORALS
CHAPTER 3730: TATTOOING OR BODY PIERCING SERVICES

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3730.02 Tattooing or body piercing services prohibitions.
No person shall do any of the following:

(A) Operate a business that offers tattooing or body piercing services unless a board of health has approved the business under section 3730.03 of the Revised Code;

(B) Perform a tattooing or body piercing procedure in a manner that does not meet the safety and sanitation standards established by this chapter and the rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code;

(C) Perform a tattooing procedure, body piercing procedure, or ear piercing procedure with an ear piercing gun in a manner that does not meet the standards for appropriate disinfection and sterilization of invasive equipment or parts of equipment used in performing the procedures established by this chapter and the rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code.

Effective Date: 01-12-1998
Then refer to this:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3730.03 Application for approval to operate tattooing or body piercing business.
A person seeking approval to operate a business that offers tattooing or body piercing services shall apply to the board of health of the city or general health district in which the business is located on forms the board shall prescribe and provide. The applicant shall submit all information the board of health determines is necessary to process the application. The applicant shall include the fee established under section 3709.09 of the Revised Code with the application.

Boards of health shall deposit all fees collected under this section into the health fund of the district that the board serves. The fees shall be used solely for the purposes of implementing and enforcing this chapter.

To receive approval to offer tattooing or body piercing services, a business must demonstrate to a board of health the ability to meet the requirements established by this chapter and the rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code for safe performance of the tattooing or body piercing procedures, training of the individuals who perform the procedures, and maintenance of records.

A board of health that determines, following an inspection conducted under section 3730.04 of the Revised Code, that a business meets the requirements for approval shall approve the business. Approval remains valid for one year, unless earlier suspended or revoked under section 3730.05 of the Revised Code. A business's approval may be renewed. Approval is not transferable.

AND

3730.05 Board may suspend or revoke approval.
A board of health may suspend or revoke the approval of a business to offer tattooing or body piercing services at any time the board determines that the business is being operated in violation of this chapter or the rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code. Proceedings for suspensions and revocations shall be conducted in accordance with rules adopted under section 3730.10 of the Revised Code.

You are lucky by the way that that is ALL they charged you with. Assault and battery comes to mind as another offense that could have happened. And there are also zoning violations that could have come into play.

lilmayne711

He's also luck the other guy wasn't a minor.
1st off i dont have any friends who are minors... 2nd i dont tattoo, i am a collector, i was letting my bud use my equipment to give himself a tattoo on his leg. that sucks my equipment is lost, its valued over 3 grand. Thanks all for your help, i guess ill talk to my court appointed attorney about it. hop he know what hes doing...

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
1st off i dont have any friends who are minors... 2nd i dont tattoo, i am a collector, i was letting my bud use my equipment to give himself a tattoo on his leg. that sucks my equipment is lost, its valued over 3 grand. Thanks all for your help, i guess ill talk to my court appointed attorney about it. hop he know what hes doing...
A collector wouldn't allow his "collection" to be used... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">