• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was fired for Misconduct, but not given a warning. I can still collect UE, right?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ACER9103

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Okay, I was fired for misconduct, but I was with the company 3 yrs, and was never given a warning or write up about the reason I was fired for. I heard from several people that you can be fired for almost what ever reason, but just because your fired doesn't mean you aren't eligible for unemployment benefits. Is this true? I know that my company will fight it,and say that I don't , but a while ago another person was fired for misconduct, but never warned and they ruled in favor for him and he got a big check for arrear age. I just want to double check. I have already filed, and was told I am eligible for the max benefit, but the letter says that I can still be denied.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

Okay, I was fired for misconduct, but I was with the company 3 yrs, and was never given a warning or write up about the reason I was fired for. I heard from several people that you can be fired for almost what ever reason, but just because your fired doesn't mean you aren't eligible for unemployment benefits. Is this true? I know that my company will fight it,and say that I don't , but a while ago another person was fired for misconduct, but never warned and they ruled in favor for him and he got a big check for arrear age. I just want to double check. I have already filed, and was told I am eligible for the max benefit, but the letter says that I can still be denied.:confused:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
**A: provide the reason your employer wrote down as to why you got fired.

ACER9103

the reason

was Falsifying paperwork.

I worked for apartments and one of my applicants put down that they were unemployed and they were not and I knew. I worked for tax credit apartments where it is income guided.

pattytx

Why would you have to be warned that such action was "misconduct"? It's called ethics.

But, you'll file and, unfortunately, you'll probably get UI while people who should be getting it, don't. :mad:

Just Blue

was Falsifying paperwork.

I worked for apartments and one of my applicants put down that they were unemployed and they were not and I knew. I worked for tax credit apartments where it is income guided.
That is fraud. You will not get UE benefits.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
To sum it up:

The termination was legal. You can apply for UI. You may or may not get it.

Beth3

You knowingly participated in a fraud against your employer. I wouldn't count on getting unemployment benefits.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">