• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FL Unemployment Benefits Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kryan79

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL

I was employed with a company for 3 years. July of 2008 I was instructed by my doctor due to pregnancy complications I could not travel back and forth to work. After offering to work from home, which is an exsisting practice with the company, I was informed I would need to file for FMLA & Short Term Disability. At the end of my 12 weeks of FMLA I was informed that my position would be filled and I would be placed in an alternative position provided one was available once a medical release was provided. At the end of my 26 week period of Short Term Disability, I was contacted by HR and informed I would be terminated due to the end of my eligibility for STD. I purchased Long Term Disability coverage from my company, which I am currently receiving. I am due in less than 3 weeks and my LTD is projected to end 6 weeks post-partum. My question is since I was terminated and my LTD benefits end will I be eligible to file for Unemployment Benefits once my LTD ends?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

Yes, you will be able to file once you are medically released. But you may not qualify if you haven't worked for over six months already and are still out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">