• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I stand legally?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ProudSouthern11

I am a student from Northern Virginia. Today on the bus ride home I was assaulted by another student. This student hit me in the jaw. After I was hit I did make a violent threat at this student. Later on a second student more or less threatened to send a gang after me. Do I have grounds for any lawsuits? Is there in possible backlash for what I said if I do take this to court?

Antigone*

I am a student from Northern Virginia. Today on the bus ride home I was assaulted by another student. This student hit me in the jaw. After I was hit I did make a violent threat at this student. Later on a second student more or less threatened to send a gang after me. Do I have grounds for any lawsuits? Is there in possible backlash for what I said if I do take this to court?
What are your damages? Did you go see a doctor? Were the police called?

ProudSouthern11

I was not seriously injured in anyway and to my knowledge the police have not been contacted. I do have witnesses (including the bus driver). I emailed my counselor at my school and she told me that I could talk to the school authorities tomorrow. Regardless I probably will wait until I speak to them.

Antigone*

I was not seriously injured in anyway and to my knowledge the police have not been contacted. I do have witnesses (including the bus driver). I emailed my counselor at my school and she told me that I could talk to the school authorities tomorrow. Regardless I probably will wait until I speak to them.
School will most likely contact authorities about the assault and threats.

No doctor means no damages. No damages means no law suit lottery.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">