• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sanfilipe

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana
Previous history: My son has misdemeanors from age 17 Minor consumption and possesion of THC. He is now 21. He works regularly and has not been in trouble since.
2 months ago police were called to my sons neighborhood for a dog biting another dog. (my son doesn't have a dog) The police came to my son's house apparently looking for a dog. My son answered the door. The cop said he smelled THC. He came into my son's house and started looking. My son called me. I went over. The cop had called more cops. They were there approx. 1 hour I asked several times for a search warrent. I was told they didn't need one, then I was told they had one via phone from the prosecutor. Needless to say the one cop goes to the basement and finds an old pair of pliers and says these smell like THC and then he comes up with a piece of a roach. He calls my son to the basement and tells him if he will wear a wire all of this will go away. He gives my son one week to call him with information. My son does we have phone records. No further action was taken. Last night at midnight the same cop comes to my son's home with a warrent for his arrest. I went to my son's house and the cop said he had a search warrent he did not but proceeded to get one. He arrested my son for being a Common Nuisence? and for Felony Possession. I asked him about the deal and he said my son had never called him back with informaton. We have the phone records. Anyway I bailed my son out, I do feel like he has been scammed by a dirty cop. I realize wrong is wrong the first time my son was in trouble I did not help him because I figured he had it coming. Now I think he is being set up. I think our legal process in Gibson County including the police and judges are corrupt and I am not sure how or where to go for help.
I used all of my money for bail now what???

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The police do not control who presses charges. Was your son still dealing? Or manufacturing? I notice you do not deny he had drugs.

Sanfilipe

Dealing

My son was never dealing or manufacturing...He did use Pot. As I said in the statement what they found the first time. Not sure I understand your answere and what does my ex have to do with this?

Sanfilipe

Dealing

My son was never dealing or manufacturing...He did use Pot. As I said in the statement including what they found the first time. Not sure I understand your answer?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">