• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

RE: A purchase I made , can they take me to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yailin

I have question I purchase an item on a home design show in Miami,Florida where I live. I paid for it in a check
I had to go pick up at thier location which was 35miles from I live, as soon as I arrive they told me that the item was in the warehouse and that thier were no employees in at the moment and would have to come back the next day. Which I did when I arrive home and open the box it was clear to me that the item was damage and it was missing parts! I called and gave my complain they said they could have it repair by one of thier employees! I wanted a brand new, and they told me that I would have to wait. I spoke to the owner
and I told him that i needed this item now for I already paid for it! He refused he was being very rude he said I could return it and get my money back! But that was not possible for it saids very clearly no returns only exchanges!

So i issue a stop payment and told manger if they wanted thier item they would have to pick it up themsevles! I refuse to drive 35miles to their location and back to my home. They told me thier was law that states i must return thier item! And that i could not have issue a stop payment! And that they will have an attorney handle this! Can they sue me? Please help me!

[Edited by Yailin on 03-02-2001 at 03:11 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">