• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor charged with felony

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shannshark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Marie for wisconsin,
a minor is being charged with thefts that happend around the area . He knew who did them and never said anything.The police had reason to believe he did the thefts so they taped his phone lines. and found out he didn't do them ,but they are still charging him with every robbery and he was told he would get felonys out of them.The cops questioned him which he is 16years old with out the mothers concent and swabed his mouth with out his mother concent. Is this Legal ? and can they really charge him with felonys even thou he didn't do the crime and the police know it wasn't him ? Should he get a lawer and fight ? I was told three people had said they did it and all said he wasn't involed. what should they do?

HomeGuru

a minor is being charged with thefts that happend around the area . He knew who did them and never said anything.The police had reason to believe he did the thefts so they taped his phone lines. and found out he didn't do them ,but they are still charging him with every robbery and he was told he would get felonys out of them.The cops questioned him which he is 16years old with out the mothers concent and swabed his mouth with out his mother concent. Is this Legal ? and can they really charge him with felonys even thou he didn't do the crime and the police know it wasn't him ? Should he get a lawer and fight ? I was told three people had said they did it and all said he wasn't involed. what should they do?
**A: yes, hire the best criminal defense lawyer money can buy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
a minor is being charged with thefts that happend around the area . He knew who did them and never said anything.
Then he is an accessory at the very least. Hence he is just as guilty as those who did them.

The police had reason to believe he did the thefts so they taped his phone lines. and found out he didn't do them ,but they are still charging him with every robbery and he was told he would get felonys out of them.
As he can be charged. And he can also be found guilty on each of them.

The cops questioned him which he is 16years old with out the mothers concent and swabed his mouth with out his mother concent. Is this Legal ?
Yes.

and can they really charge him with felonys even thou he didn't do the crime and the police know it wasn't him ?
yes he can. Because he did participate in the crime by knowing who did it and not doing a dang thing about it. He at the very least is an accessory after the fact.
Should he get a lawer and fight ? I was told three people had said they did it and all said he wasn't involed. what should they do?
He knew about it. He didn't say anything. Hence he is guilty. The three people who got him into this -- they should get lawyers as well. If the boy is smart he will turn state's evidence.

shannshark

Thank for your input I do agree he is guilty on the part he knew about the robbery but we live in a small town and small town boys blabber everything around school . They are getting a lawer and go to court on Wed to see if they have enough evidence to hold him for the crimes which they have nothing on him they have no dna or finget prints. I just found out that two boys said he did it because the cops told those boy that he ratted them out so the boys said he did it for revenge as soon this is over the parents are pulling him out of school and moving out of state. I think it is the best thing to do is get him out of the county . To keep the cops from picking on him. When this boy was an infant his father was put away and they know who he is one police officer has already told him he was going to make sure he was put away because he put his father away. Sad thing is this boy has never saw his father or even remember who he was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">