• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Towed due to parking tickets:<

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phillburner

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm in dire need of advice. My car was towed today due to parking tickets in Berkeley Ca. Half of the citations are bogus, the other half i just cant afford to pay. The B.P.D say's i have to go to the dmv and pay 1800 dollars to get my car back. Not only do i not have that kind of money, the car still belongs to the finance company who i owe a car note to every month. What can i do?:confused::mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I'm in dire need of advice. My car was towed today due to parking tickets in Berkeley Ca. Half of the citations are bogus, the other half i just cant afford to pay. The B.P.D say's i have to go to the dmv and pay 1800 dollars to get my car back. Not only do i not have that kind of money, the car still belongs to the finance company who i owe a car note to every month. What can i do?:confused::mad:What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Have you tried getting a loan to pay your tickets?

phillburner

What type of loan could i apply for?

My car loan was a way to repair my horrid credit score. I do have a year worth of ontime payments. Would that be enough of a jolt to my credit score to apply for this type of loan?:confused:

CourtClerk

What can i do?:confused:
Call the finance company and tell them that their security interest has been impounded. They can pick up the car. They aren't going to give it back to you, though...

I have no idea why you're mad. Here's what happens in the real world. You get tickets and you take care of them. If you don't, you deal with the consequences, which includes the authorities impounding your car.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">