• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

hiring

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dizzzzy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
a job hired me as a waitress. Made me study, buy a uniform and sign a waver to work for 7 hours for free without a break at a sister restaurant and then didn't hire me. They did this to many girls. They made me believe for a precious month(of not looking for work)that I was hired. Do I have a case?

pattytx

File a claim with the DLSE. Maybe it works and maybe it doesn't. There are some exceptions through federal DOL opinion letters regarding this "job shadowing interview" type of activity, but I don't know if California recognizes them. Include in your claim reimbursement for the uniform.

Hot Topic

Do you have anything in writing that says they'll hire you when the month is over? Positive comments about your work don't constitute a guarantee of employment.

Personally, I think anyone who enters into this kind of arrangement is asking to be "taken."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">