• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I collect....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Duke72

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

Can I collect UI if I was fired, and there reason was "Theft". I never received any termination papers, and I just finished a 60 day write up. They asked me about company theft, after they asked they suspended me. The following day my manager called and told me I was terminated. He never told me why, I had to call HR a week later and asked.They never showed me any evidence. Just some coincidences. Shouldn't I tell EDD that it was suspicion of theft? Alot of co-workers feel they are cleaning house, especially since they told the employees they wont be hiring to replace me. That was a quick 10 years gone by.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

pattytx

When you file, you say you were fired. If the employer protests for "misconduct", there will be a telephone conference with a hearing officer who will hear both sides of the story. The burden will be on the employer to show that you actually committed the offense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">