• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gjh0777

I work in Cincinnati and my position is being eliminated and replaced by new positions that are at a higher pay rate than myself. I have always been under the assumption that I will be transitioned to the new department since I have been instrumental in its development. I am now being told that I will be functioning as a member of this new department but will not be offered the job until a later date which has yet to be determined. I am told that I should take this time to decide whether I am interested in the position and they would also like to determine my qualifications. I was never offered an interview for the new position (in fact I was told that I did not have to interview) at which point my qualifications could have been evaluated. Also, I will not be included in any of the training involved in the new positions because my employer recognizes that I already know how to do the job. I have been informed that I am expected to assist in training the new hires as well as work any needed overtime.

As far as I can tell they are holding me at the lower salary for as long as possible until they are forced to offer me the new position. Until then I will be training and working with people who are being paid significantly more than myself. Any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">