• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"Family Care Contract"

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pkg

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN (but the question pertains to family members in OH)
My father is disabled and a veteran, receives a pension from his civilian job and SS income (which totals about $1900/month). He wants to live at home but he needs in-home care. My siblings were told about a "Family Care Contract" ("FCC") by an elder law attorney in OH. They were told that Dad's income would go into an account created by the "FCC." The monies in that account would pay for Dad's medical expenses and in-home care (by either licensed home-health aides or by my siblings themselves). Because the total of his income would be going towards his medical needs, he would then be eligible for a VA pension (of about $1600 a month). It sounds too good to be true (so, it probably isn't). If this is correct, does there have to be an accounting of the withdrawals from the FCC-created account (to show that the money in it is paying for nothing but medical care)? Thank you for any help you can give.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Kiawah

Google veterans assisted living benefits.

We had $$ living assistance (approx 1K per month from VA) for a number of years for my MIL (husband was a veteran) while she was in an assisted living facility (total charges approx 3500 per month). As she has deteriorated with dementia and yet older age, she now is in a Veterans Nursing Care facility completely $$ covered (approx 6000 per month). All of her assets had to be liquidated and utilized before the nursing care kicked in though, but that's fine. She gets great care now.

Last edited:

pkg

reply to Kiawah

Thanks, Kiawah. I'll do the google search. But we're trying to honor our dad's wishes to live in his own home--which is where a VA pension might help. So, I still need to know what a "Family Care Contract" is. Thanks again for your info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">