• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

terminated but salaried contracted employee..what can I expect?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbymobetta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? massachusetts

Sooooo this is still pending but I'm told I am being terminated due to an incident with law enforcement that occurred off duty and far from work. My job requires me to interact with law enforcement and I understand my employers concern. However I am a contracted salaried employee. I am wondering what if any compensation I can expect from my termination. I'm told some people receive a large percentage of the salary they are still under contract for.. help!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The fact that you are salaried is immaterial. If you have a contract, the terms of the contract will determine what, if anything, you may be due. The law does not require that you be paid for anything at all beyond the last day you actually work, regardless of your pay method. Your contract may or may not provide additional protections.

bobbymobetta

rrrg

def appreciate your response. I guess my next angle is to wonder if the police chief's "suggestion" that I be relieved of duty since the liquor license is under review in a month constitutes any sort of.... Je no se pa..... this of course being prior to any sort of constitutional court proceeding.... comments?

>Charlotte<

Lurker
No, it doesn't constitute je no se pa or any other sort of pa.

"Constitutional court proceedings"? I'm assuming for a wrongful termination, or defamation against the police chief, or something of that nature? No.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">