• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to Setup Trust to hold Firearms

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrgonzo

Florida.

I would like to setup a trust under my name to purchase a NFA restricted firearm that I would like to put into the trust. I have heard this called a "NFA Trust". I am going to attempt to set this up with Willmaker 2009.

Question is - someone told me that this trust should be separate from an estate trust and only used for firearms; does it make sense to have two trusts? Is that legal?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dandy Don

Yes, a person can have more than one trust.

Do a GOOGLE search on the phrase "NFA Trust" and you will find out some interesting information.

mrgonzo

I am trying to do this using Willmaker 09; and it has assigned my initial property to the Schedule A section. I was told to "Create an Exhibit to the Trust document that lists the assets of the Trust which can be modified by adding or deleting the items", as I need the ability to easily add or remove bought or sold firearms.

Is Schedule A considered an exhibit - or will modifying the Schedule A area result in me needing a notary, etc.?

If not, then what should I put in Schedule A - see attached exhibit or something?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">