• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong plate expiration and no VIN # on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melissa890

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

my bf got a non moving ticket. back info... my bf car broke down and was non movable by our apartment building. it has been parked in the same spot no problems since December. He barely got this ticket February 2nd. it has the wrong plate expiration date and no VIN #... is there any way to avoid this? the ticket was written wrong...

I_Got_Banned

is there any way to avoid this? the ticket was written wrong...
Probably not... If they have the correct plate number, they can get the VIN # from their records... As for the wrong expiration date and as long as it didn't show that the registration was expired which would have added to the parking violation fine, then it has no affect on whether the parking violation did or did not occur.

He can pay it and make sure it goes away... OR he can ignore it and see what happens!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">