• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got arrested 6 monthes after my daughter got an MIP at our home.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jpk

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MI

My daughter had a post graduation party in our backyard last August. The police got word of the party and came by our home, after all but those that were sleeping over had left. They insisted on coming into the house, but my daughter woke me first. The end result was that all three of the kids were given MIP's. My daughter went to court, did her 30 hours of community service and her charges were dropped from her record.

6 months later, the police bang on my door and arrest me for contributing to the delinquency of a minor! They say "the prosecutor decided they had enough evidenc to convict" me.

What evidence? What is the law here and what are my options?

jpk

so, it's just that cut and dry? It's my home so I'm responsible and able to be arrested?

cyjeff

so, it's just that cut and dry? It's my home so I'm responsible and able to be arrested?
Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

If your kid came home blotto and you found out the parents had been there the whole time.... AND the police came to break it up, wouldn't YOU believe them to be responsible?

So do the police.

What measures did you put in place to make SURE the kids weren't drinking?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">