• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Issue with teens.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nonames

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I have gotten into quite a tight spot and wish for some legal advice.

Friday, February 20, 2009 I attended an "open house party" at one of my ex-best friends houses. I attended it with three girls and two guys. Alcohol was served at the party and both the son and mother (his parents are divorced) were in Mexico so no one was there. The son gave a member of the party the garage code and left his garage door open so that the house was accessible to the people he had given the information out to. Saturday, February 21, 2009 at approximately 9:30 AM EST one of his moms friends was bringing back their dog. She entered through the garage where one of the members of the party had placed his car and became frantic at the site of another vehicle in the garage. She began searching through the house while we hid in the basement. When she started down the stairs towards the basement we all fled out the back door and left. Two men came back to clean the house when the moms friend left and get the personal belongings of those who were unable to grab them prior to fleeing. In the process of cleaning the garage door was opened from the outdoor. The two men fled from the house upon hearing the garage door opening. While fleeing they were stopped by the parent who opened the door and admitted to being in the house with the three girls who were seen fleeing with them but would not give the girls names. Now they are being forced to pay fines, otherwise the police will be called. The original woman witnessed alcohol in the residence along with other visible signs of damage and distress upon the persons belongings.

They are being charged for the following:
- Koolaid stains on the glass counter top, which apparently now means that the counter top must be replaced completely.
- Stains on the carpet, now the carpet must be steamed.
- Dry cleaning for the comforters which were slept on by members of the party.
- A broken shelf that is no longer in use, but in storage in the basement.

It was said that if these are not paid for the police will be called. What are your opinions on the issue as far as what process should be taken and if legal action was taken what charges could be pressed along with the punishments of the charges. Thank you in advance.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Legal charges:
breaking and entering, trespassing, burglary, vandalism, minor in possession, minor in consumption --

and those are just off the top of my head.

And didn't you post on another portion of this forum about committing perjury in relation to a traffic ticket -- which is a felony?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Legal charges:
breaking and entering, trespassing, burglary, vandalism, minor in possession, minor in consumption --

and those are just off the top of my head.

And didn't you post on another portion of this forum about committing perjury in relation to a traffic ticket -- which is a felony?
This poster is trying to seem like a different person.

ETA: Here's the other thread: https://forum.freeadvice.com/juvenile-law-90/underage-drinking-complicated-455001.html

Last edited:

FlyingRon

I lived for years with koolaid and kids and formica countertops. Just takes a little bleach to clean up.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">