• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resignation in Lew of Probationary Release

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

phunt

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

On Feb 19th I was let go from my position with the SB County Superintendent of Schools. I was told "It just isn't a good fit, and I'm tired of all the budget meetings at 601 (the location of the primary office)"
Feb 12th was the 3 month anniversary of my start date. The probation period of my position was supposed to be 9 months with a 3 month, 6 month and 9 month evaluation. I applied online for unemployment insurance giving the above reason as my termination. On Friday afternoon, my former boss called and said they were sending me a letter stating the following:
"Resignation in Lew of Probationary Release". Will this affect my ability to get unemployment insurance because I did NOT resign.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">