• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

harrassment after 2 weeks notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rd34

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TEXAS

Up until 2 weeks ago, I worked at an animal hospital for over four years. I decided to leave because the owner makes everyones life at work a nightmare. So when i gave my two weeks noticed to my office manager,she was reluctant to tell the owner/ vet /my boss. The owner of this establishment is quite a character and no ones likes to really interact with her due to her horrible behavior. However she did tell her, and my "boss" stopped speaking to me. This was ok by me because shes not a very nice person. However as time went on she became very abusive towards me when she would speak. Pointing out any tiny flaw in my work and such. As of my last thursday she was harrassing me much more frequently and it was obvious to all my other cowokers. So much so that everyone kept telling me to just leave. But i wanted to remain professional and work out my full two weeks. She told the girl i was training to replace me not to train with me anymore, since i did EVERYTHING wrong. It finally got so bad that it made me laugh out loud at one point at her childish behavior towards me. She then yelled at me from the back that "she hoped my new job enjoyed my incompetence." And about ten minutes later came up and very rudely asked me to leave. As i gathered my things she pretending to scratch her eye but really flipped me off. I think i should mention that this woman is in her fifties. I told her as i continued to get my things together that all this just proves that im leaving here a bigger and better person that she is. (Seriously who flips people off in a manner like this? or in a situation as such?) So then as i clocked myself out she got in my face and called me a f*ckhead and to the get f**k out.

as i walked out the door, with her following me right on my heels, she said she wanted to look me up when i was old..
im assuming she was trying to say i wont amount to anything?

anyways, im really not trying to take any legal action. but i am curious if there is a place i can go to tell someone about her behavior? i would feel better if others were atleast warned about her.

any suggestions?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No, there is no state or Federal agency that accepts reports on rude or nit-picking bosses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">